What We Do
The Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis (CRMDA) is a unit within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. We focus on quantitative research design, statistical computing and data analysis. We provide service to faculty, students and staff at the University of Kansas (and other universities) as well as conduct research for corporate and governmental clients throughout the United States. Visit the Project Consulting page to learn more.
CRMDA offers consulting and support for all phases of the research process:
- Formulation of research plans and grant proposals
- Data collection and mangagement
- Statistical analysis
- Report preparation
Schedule an Appointment with Us
- Free Open Consulting: A "walk in" service offered in partnership with the KU Libraries. Visit the Open Consulting page for more details and to schedule an appointment.
- Available for faculty, students and staff at the University of Kansas.
- For student projects--mainly theses and dissertations--we provide the same support, but serve primarily in an advisory capacity. If a student needs our staff to write code or prepare tables, figures, and a report, then the student needs to obtain the permission of the advisor before we participate. Please visit our Project Consulting page.
Interested in Learning More? Join Our Email List
Receive news, scholarly updates, workgroup reminders and presentation/event announcements.
Another major objective of CRMDA is to cultivate and nurture methodological expertise across the University. This occurs in several ways:
- We sponsor the KU Stats Camp each summer.
- We organize Saturday Software Workshops that overview leading computer software.
- We prepare guides on the use of various programs and offer them online.
- We sponsor Workgroups for group collaboration and networking.
- We also monitor statistical course offerings throughout the campus so that students (and their advisors) can make well informed decisions about their opportunities.