The Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis helps with research projects. We provide service to faculty, students and staff at the University of Kansas.
We offer consulting and support for all phases of the research process. We can assist in the formulation of plans for data collection, surveys, and pilot tests of survey instruments. After the data collection is finished, we can help with the re-organization of data structures and statistical analysis.
- For student projects--mainly theses and dissertations--we provide the same support, but serve primarily in an advisory capacity. We offer Open Consulting. Please visit the Open Consulting page for more details.
- If a student needs our staff to write code or prepare tables, figures, and a report, then we treat this as a if it were a funded research project and insist that students obtain the permission of their advisor before we participate. Please visit our Project Consulting page.
Many projects will hire our graduate research assistants and work with them for an extended period of time, while some projects need short-term specific "fee-for-service" help.
We can provide services for other Universities as a fee-for-service. We also do contract research for corporate and governmental clients throughout the United States. Please visit our Project Consulting page.
If you would like CRMDA news, events, scholarly endeavors, etc. sent directly to your email, please consider joining our email lists here.
Another major objective of the CRMDA is to cultivate and nurture methodological expertise across the University. This occurs in several ways.
- We sponsor the KU Stats Camp each summer.
- We organize Saturday Software Workshops that overview leading computer software.
- We prepare guides on the use of various programs and offer them online.
- We also sponsor Workgroups.
- We also monitor statistical course offerings throughout the campus so that students (and their advisors) can make well informed decisions about their opportunities.